Johns Island Emergency Dentist
Like any medical emergency, it’s important to prepare for a dental emergency. And knowing where to go in case of an emergency is one of the most important steps. Not every dental clinic provides emergency dental care.
When it comes to emergencies, a timely response is vital. Otherwise, a minor dental problem can turn into something serious. We treat any dental emergency at Cypress Family Dentistry in Johns Island, SC, so our patients get the prompt and vital dental care they need.
Reasons You May Need Emergency Dental Services
Dental emergencies can happen to anyone at any time. These unexpected events are why every person needs to know what services fall under dental emergencies — so they don’t have to wait around until their next appointment to seek treatment.
Some reasons to seek emergency dental treatment include:
- Tooth infection: A throbbing tooth pain that doesn’t go away is likely caused by an infection. It’s crucial to have a toothache checked by a dentist immediately so they can take measures to halt the infection. The dentist may need to perform a root canal if the bacteria has made its way into the pulp. The procedure cleans out the pulp and ensures the bacteria cannot infect the gums or other teeth.
- Broken tooth: A broken, chipped, or cracked tooth is an emergency. A broken adult tooth requires immediate dental care. In most cases, a dentist can reattach the tooth back into the socket. If that option fails, though, a dentist can replace the tooth with a dental implant, but the procedure itself isn’t considered an emergency.
- Bleeding gums: Bleeding and swollen gums are usually symptoms of numerous oral problems, including tooth infection, abscess, or gum disease. If a patient regularly experiences bleeding gums, it’s important to seek a dental checkup so a dentist can diagnose the problem. Note that bleeding gums due to excessive force while brushing is not considered an emergency.
Emergency dental services provide patients with the prompt dental care they need. All they have to do is call in and briefly discuss the severity of the emergency. Our team will fit the emergency patient into the earliest available time slot for treatment.
The Process of Emergency Dental Services
The process of emergency dental care is relatively simple. After the patient comes into the clinic, a dentist performs a mouth inspection to determine the cause of the emergency oral problem. Then the dentist will prescribe the best action to take, whether it’s treatment or medication. Follow-up appointments may be required, depending on the severity of the problem.
We invite all patients to call in and consult with our team about any type of dental emergency. We work to accommodate each patient with the earliest available slot with our dentists.
Our experienced team of dental experts provides optimal dental care in times of emergencies. We understand that emergencies can lead to panic, especially when pain is involved. We treat emergency cases promptly so patients get immediate care and pain relief.
Emergency Dental Service - The Care You Need, When You Need It The Most!
- Our local, trusted dental practice offers same day, walk in appointments for urgent care dental emergencies – give us a call for an immediate need
- The prices of emergency procedures vary greatly, but dental insurance can help make them more affordable
- Our emergency dentists have years of experience in providing quality dental care
- Toothache’s, tooth extractions and wisdom tooth pain are some of the most common types of emergency procedures
Join us for a $139 Limited-Time New Patient Special Offer
Includes exam, x-ray, and regular cleaning *
* in the absence of periodontal disease
Call to make an appointment
Our working philosophy is a commitment to strive for excellence in all that we do, while our vision is to create a practice where our patients feel that they are more than just a number in a patient file. Whether you are coming in for a routine cleaning or a full mouth reconstruction, our goal is to make you feel like you are a part of our family from the moment you walk in the door.
Monday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Fri, Sat, Sun: Closed