Johns Island Dental Implants
Dental implants are oral surgical components meant to replace missing teeth. They’re attached to the jawbone and function as the foundation of your oral structure.
Patients can go for other options, such as dentures, but they might not get the same quality. As compared to dentures, implants are:
- Seamless: Dental implants provide a smooth look where the replacement tooth blends naturally with the surrounding teeth. It is an ideal option for anyone who wants to keep the surgery discreet. It would take a close inspection to find out that you have dental implants.
- Functional: The instability of dentures makes it hard for patients to perform basic oral functions, such as eating and talking. Implants are a more permanent solution that looks and feels like your real tooth.
- Durable: High-quality implants last upward of ten to fifteen years. Patients have to commit to regular maintenance and scheduled checkups if they want to maximize the lifespan of their implants. Otherwise, the implants will give in prematurely.
How Dental Implants Are Attached
Dental implants take around half a year to complete, as it involves multiple sessions and checkups to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Firstly, the team will map out the dimensions of your dental implants through x-rays, CT scans, and 3D imaging programs. Your dentist will generate a clear, accurate depiction of your oral structure.
Next, the dental surgeon will proceed with the first part of the surgery. The goal is to implant metal rods into the jawbones to support your new teeth.
Then, the patient will undergo a seven to ten-day break to allow healing before the stitches come out. During this period, there are restrictions—no smoking, chewing hard food, or spitting allowed. You might also have to take antibiotics to prevent infection.
After four to six months, the patient will undergo the second part of the surgery, where the protective screws are replaced with a healing cap. After two to three weeks, it’ll finally be time to implant the denture, crown, or bridge.
Disclaimer: Cypress Family Dental only uses local anesthesia. If the patient requires Level IV sedation, the team might have to recommend them to another facility.
Consult with a Cypress Family Dentist Today
Talk to the experts at Cypress Family Dental to learn more about dental implants.
Patients can discuss:
- Compatibility: Not everyone can accommodate dental implants, which is why the team starts with a complete oral checkup. It uncovers all oral issues and whether getting a dental implant will fix your teeth structure.
- Price: Dental implant prices vary on a case-by-case basis. To help you reach a decision, the team will provide a complete cost breakdown so that you’ll know exactly how pricing works.
- Safety: Cypress Family Dental consists of skilled, licensed experts who are qualified to perform dental implant surgical procedures.
- Efficiency: The goal is to find the perfect dental or orthodontic solution to further improve your teeth structure. If dental implants aren’t the answer, the team will go through other options.
Join us for a $139 Limited-Time New Patient Special Offer
Includes exam, x-ray, and regular cleaning *
* in the absence of periodontal disease
Call to make an appointment
Our working philosophy is a commitment to strive for excellence in all that we do, while our vision is to create a practice where our patients feel that they are more than just a number in a patient file. Whether you are coming in for a routine cleaning or a full mouth reconstruction, our goal is to make you feel like you are a part of our family from the moment you walk in the door.
Monday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Fri, Sat, Sun: Closed