Johns Island Clear Aligner Therapy
If you are looking to correct crooked teeth, clear aligners may be the right choice for you. At Cypress Family Dental, our team provides clear aligners in Johns Island, SC, which are invisible braces that can give you the perfect smile you’ve always wanted without having to manage the inconvenience of traditional braces.
Clear aligners are transparent appliances that gently shift teeth over time. The concept is the same as traditional braces, but the aligners won’t be physically attached to your teeth like metal brackets. Instead, you switch your aligners every couple of weeks, until the treatment is complete.
How Clear Braces Work
Clear aligner therapy is designed to gradually shift your teeth over time. Our skilled doctors will do a comprehensive exam before assigning a treating plan. This exam includes x-rays, professional photos, and a digital scan.
This preparation allows us to plan out the process of your aligner therapy based on your unique situation. We will know which teeth need to move with each aligner and in what order. After that, here’s what to expect:
- You’ll receive a set of progressive aligners every few weeks to ultimately give you a beautiful, healthy smile.
- Each aligner will apply gentle pressure to your teeth to steadily reposition them.
- After one or two weeks, you will upgrade your current aligner set to the next one. Your teeth will continue to straighten until they reach the desired
- You should keep your aligners in for about 22 hours a day. The gap in time between wears allows time for eating and proper
Once clear aligner treatment is complete, we recommend that our patients wear retainers. Retainers ensure your teeth remain set in their new positions.
Benefits of Clear Aligners over Traditional Braces
Here are some benefits of using clear aligner therapy rather than metal braces:
- They are removable. You can easily remove clear aligners whenever you like. This means you can remove them for brushing your teeth and eating. With traditional braces, food gets stuck inside the metal brackets. Clear aligners allow you to eat comfortably and brush normally.
- They can work faster. While traditional braces are worn for up to two years, clear aligners can straighten your teeth in as little as six months.
- They require fewer visits to the dentist. We can give you multiple aligners in one visit, which saves you a lot of time.
- They are clear. No one will notice your invisible braces!
Make an Appointment with Cypress Family Dental Today for Clear Aligner Therapy
Our dentists are committed to providing a warm experience for all of our patients. Call our team today to find out more about clear aligners in Johns Island, SC.
We are a Family and Cosmetic Dental Office and would love to have you as a part of our Dental Family.